Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Repurposed Pallet Picture Frames



After my wedding photos arrived it was such a tough decision trying to figure out which ones to develop and place in frames. Luckily, I was perusing pinterest and stumbled across this blog. I loved the way she created the frames and used the clothespins to easily change the photos out. So, I decided to create my own version with these pallet pieces I had laying around. 



I wanted them to be large enough to hold 5x7 photos but if I decided to place a 3x5 in it, it wouldn't look as though there was too much empty space behind it. So, I went with 12" by 10 1/2" dimensions. I used mini clothespins from Hobby Lobby and just hot glued them onto the frame. I kept going back and forth between painting them and making them look more rustic or leaving them with the original wooden grain. I went with the original pallets with just a coat of polyurethane but I could always decided to change my mind!


The best thing about these is that they are so beautifully simple and they were fun and easy to make. After putting them on my etsy store I had a few custom orders, one of which is pictured below (before adding the clothes pins).


After moving recently they have found their place lining the hallway. I look forward to continually swapping out the photos to display all of our memories!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment