Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Task Card Organization Solution

Teacher friends, are you looking for a practical place to store all of those task cards you find yourself downloading? I have the a cheap and perfect solution. 


I kept finding myself downloading or making my own task cards, printing them out, using them during the unit and then shoving them in a drawer or file folder. I realized that this was such an inefficient use of my time and money since I rarely used them over again until the following year or until I remembered that i had bought them. I wanted to have them in a practical spot where I could see and grab them easily to use as a spiral review, warm up, ticket out the door, etc. 


I had an extra "behind the door shoe rack" I bought from either Target, Walmart, TJ Maxx, etc. laying around after my move and the more I looked at it, the more I thought, "This could be a perfect task card holder." And boy was I correct. As you can see, I used zip ties to hang it from the wire racks in my classroom. The pockets are the perfect size to fit a few sets of task cards in baggies and then just simply fold the recording sheets and/or answer keys behind the cards.


You can pick them up at any department store and they come in many different colors and styles- you can probably even find one to match your classroom decor!


Oh, and don't forget to stop by my teachers pay teachers store and check out some of my task card creations!

Happy Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment