Thursday, April 21, 2016

Paint Chip Vocabulary Flashcards

 There are so many different ways to use paint chips as a teacher but one of my favorites is the one above. I've found that having them make flash cards this way is more fun and engaging and they tend to be a little more excited about creating them. The best part about this wonderful creation is that it is completely free!! Just go to your local hardware store, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. and grab some paint chips. I'm not exactly sure which brand has the square holes already in them but those are the best for this project since you can put the ring right through it and save time versus hole punching each one. 
I decided to save time and use a stapler to attach each chip back-to-back so that the definition and word would be on color versus the white backing of the chips. I'm sure you could use double sided tape or glue to make it look more flush and clean but for the sake of time- I just stapled them.
I had the plastic rings lying around from a few years ago- I think they were $3-$4 at a teacher store but you could use metal rings, a twist tie, etc. to attach them together. Since I teach math this is a great way for students to practice their math vocabulary words for each unit. You could even have them put math facts on them.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment