Wednesday, December 16, 2015

New Pallet Creations




With Christmas around the corner I've been busy making gifts for family, friends, and strangers- thanks to Etsy. This has been my first holiday season with my store open and it's been so much fun creating new pieces for people all over the globe. One of my favorite creations was for a client who stalked her daughter's pinterest page and asked me to try to replicate a piece she saw pinned to her board. Of course it was a canvas painting and my medium is wood but with all things said, I love they way it turned out. Don't get me wrong, it took me many days and nights and re-do's and leaving it alone for an hour then coming back to it for me to actually truly say that I love the way it turned out. Here is the original piece that she sent to me which I had also seen a lot in the pinterest world. I also have a sign in my store with birds on a wire that she wanted me to integrate together.

 After playing and mixing paint, trying out different brushes and tools, and hours of trial and error, the completed project was sent out just in time for Christmas.


I also had the opportunity to create a custom Christmas present order for a gal in West Virginia. Check it out! I just love these cute bottle openers. I make custom ones for friends all the time. They are also in my etsy store.

I'm in the middle of making some more "family established signs" for my friends. Check back soon for the completed pieces! 

No comments:

Post a Comment